We survived night one. I mean that quite literally between some rough Lyft rides and the things I mentioned regarding our hotel last night.
Here’s the updates we have to share:
- Our Lyft driver last night was navigating off of his phone that was laying across his lap. I was praying as we zig-zagged down the road.
- Got some 98 cent shower flops at Wal-Mart. Best purchase I’ve ever made. It takes me back to my days in Finley Hall.
- Woke up to rain (some foreshadowing).
- American Airlines had some weird glitch where the prices of their flights playfully bounced back and forth, fluctuating by as much as $200 within seconds. That’s a fun game to play while looking for flights home. I think we have one figured out for Thursday.
- Got to the stadium at 2pm to stand in line for GA seating. We were behind a group of friendly Razorback fans. Friendly, but very confident.
- Haven’t played a game yet and have already listened to about 100 hog calls.
- We managed to be some of the first 150 people in the park. We had front row seats above the left field bullpen.
- Some severely simple Arkansas fans were saying terrible things to Luke when he was warming up. Several old Beaver fans were ready to jump them, I threw in a few insults that I’m fairly certain they couldn’t understand.
- Here’s where it got good. Freshman, Kevin Abel just stared that whole group down. He said something to them, but I couldn’t make out exactly what. That crew got pretty quiet after that. But it was cool to see how tight knit that crew is. With that attitude, I want Abel on our football team. Respect to him.
- One Arkansas fan came over to apologize for the stupidity of the people in his section. Nice guy.
- Meanwhile it was a gorgeous evening, but the game was sent into a delay due to the possibility of a major storm. We were baffled as it looked to be a great night for baseball.
- 5pm turned to 6, then to 7. Approximately 15 minutes after 7, it hit! Lightning strikes were all over. The rain picked up and it felt like being in a hurricane on a fishing boat for a several minutes. The field quickly puddled up with water.
- That Thursday flight? Yeah, we just cancelled and got one for Friday.
- About 7:45 they officially called it. Game 1 will take place tomorrow evening at 4pm PST, 6pm CT.
- We’re off to grab some pizza and avoid the hotel for a few hours.